British Landscape Artist Diane Griffiths
From Life, Memory and Imagination...
A self taught artist, I grew up in the Midlands, worked in London for many years and then escaped to the coast of Cornwall. Moving first where my job took me, and then my heart.
I love painting landscapes of the UK, working in a mixed media of acrylic, oil and enamel. I take a lot of inspiration from the world around me, but I don't often have time to stop in it and paint. Therefore my camera is my best friend in order to create that library of inspiration.
At the moment I’m fascinated with capturing the colour of night, where you can both entertain and dial up the colours normally unusual to that landscape. I look for new ways to represent the familiar; using life, memory and imagination I like to combine identifiable elements and creative mark-making to conjure up something new.
"Surround yourself with things that make you smile!"
- 2023 - Artwork on sale at Pencarrow House, near Bodmin and Heather Jane & Co, Fowey shops.
- 2022 - Charity Milk Churn at Bude Tourist Information and then auctioned at Truro Cathedral and purchased by The Headland Hotel. Bude Sea Pool Art Extravaganza - 'Spot the Artist' Postcard Exhibition. Artwork on sale at Sloth Studios Newquay, group exibitions in Newquay and Padstow, craft fairs in Newquay and Perranporth. Tag Art Launch - Art Gallery at Tag London Offices.
- 2021 - Overall winner in the L2F Art Competition, winning painting exhibited at the Samuel Johnson Birthplace Museum in Lichfield. Exhibited as one of the 24 finalists in the 'Seasons' Art Competition, curated by The Artist Lounge and exhibited at King House Gallery, Stratford. Artwork on sale at Colour and Space gallery based in Perranporth.
- 2020 - Artwork on sale at Newquay Central Post Office. Publicity Officer Committee member of the Newquay Society of Artists, maintain website and Facebook. Artwork on display at Esplanade Hotel, Newquay.
- 2019 - Several group (NSA and Art8) exhibitions and craft fairs in Newquay, Truro and Padstow, featured in MyCornwall magazine and Art Guide. Guest blog on Empty Easel and Painters Online.
- 2018 - Editor's pick for two Artists and Illustrators competitions, Artwork featured on the front of Artists and Illustrators Magazine Calendar and Whistlefish products. Art8 Newquay Exhibition.
Charity Churn gets Forever Home
My Beachscape churn part of 'Around Cornwall in 38 Churns' project, auctioned at Truro Cathedral and purchased by The Headland Hotel.
Lichfield Festival Competition Winner 2021
Art Competition winner. 'Early One Morning' on exhibition in the Samuel Johnson Birthplace Museum over the weekend 23rd-26th October 2021.
Finalist in 'Seasons' Competition 2021
Beachscape painting exhibited at the King House Gallery in Stratford-Upon-Avon as part of 25 finalists in 'Seasons' competition.